Neko

Thursday, May 22, 2008

40-year-Old Socialite and Dog...

... Actually, no. It's a 15-year-old Lohan sister. And Dog. Lately every photo of Ali Lohan I see is mildly disturbing, as she seems not just to be older than her crazy eating-disorderly, drunken slightly-unwashed-looking Courtney-Lovesque sister; but older than her white-trash stage mom.

Partly it's the heavy makeup. It's certainly skillful, no smudged eyeliner and badly-applied foundation. No crazy eyeshadow colours. Nothing an actual teenager would apply. It's not even that heavy- although it must be, for all those freckles to just magically vanish. Basically, they've taken a cute, freckled, fresh-faced teen and turned her into someone considerably older. With boring hair. And pasty skin. I'd undersand if they did this to sexify her- you know, add a little strumpetification, make her look more legal and less lolita... But she's someone's waspy Mom now. You just know she drives out to wine farms on the weekends, drives a Volvo and thins Bree is the most realistic of the Desperate girls.

I suppose this must be some sort of reaction to her mom and sister. She's certainly veered wildly towards the opposite end of the spectrum. Nobody in their right minds could apply the words trashy, slutty or "badly manicured" here. and her sister could learn a lot about eyebrow grooming from her*.

And her dog is certainly cute.

*badly groomed eyebrows indiate a generally laissez-faire attitude towards life, don't you agree?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Charmskool said...

Holy moley I feel quite the slattern in comparison with her. She looks so mature (grown-up that is) I feel I should do something about my lambishness. BTW I feel that hairy legs are more laissez faire than unplucked brows. But then I wax both - that's what obsessive attention to hairlessness will do for ya.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebellion against rebellion is always weird.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

strumpetification

*snort*

Ag. I'd wanna keep a low profile with Lala Lohan as my big sis. But I'd draw the line...um...at the badly drawn lines.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home