Neko

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

...it's the sighing that kills me.


There are people in the world who probably think of themselves as nonconfrontational. These people are actually passive-aggressive, and Iwish I could hit them, but I can't.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has a little bit of the PA in them, myself included. but there's a time and a place, no? I've noticed a lot of very random PA behaviour lately. If you're on public transpiort and someone sits on the empty seat next to you, don't roll your eyes and make clicking sounds. You are not a San tribesman*.

If you if you are in a supermarket queue and the person ahead of you is delayed because the debit-card machine disconnects, do not sigh and mutter under your breath! Similarly, if you are waiting to pay for parking and the person ahead of you can't get the machine to accept any of their money and they're 50 cents short, bursting into a frenzy of breath-sucking, tongue-clicking, muttering and eye-rolling is NOT HELPFUL!!! If you're in that much of a hurry**, LEND US THE DAMN 50 CENTS!

Becaus if i have to listen to one person near me engage in any sort of repeated, melodramatic sighing, I am going to bust a cap in their ass! Well maybe only in my head. But it's annoying, not to mention ill-mannered and childish. Let's all work together to eradicate this scourge. Let's make very day "smack a PA**** in the eye day".

* unless you are, but they're not famed for their passive-aggressiveness. Except for that one guy.
** seriously, where are you all headed to at 11pm on a saturday night? Tiger Tiger*** will wait for you.
*** shudder. that place gives me the creeps.
****Please don't go out there and hit a personal assistant. Okay?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when PA's do that sighing thing around me I give them my stomach churning death stare. It frightens the bejaysus out of most people because it looks like I am really am about to bust a cap in their ass. Plus I love doing the death stare - goes nicely with the "I am about to commit a dangerous act voice"

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took your advice and it worked really well - right up until the point when they arrested me. Incidentally, the legal aid dude doesn't think "becauses Betenoir said so" is going to fly with the magistrate.

9:35 AM  
Blogger The Blonde Blogshell said...

You should just sigh back at the sighers...that'll confuse them!!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to ask them what's wrong, in a concerned, stalkerish way. Nothing disconcerts a PA more, than someone who cares. Defeats the purpose of their being.

6:59 PM  
Blogger I are wearing the jean pant said...

Guys. Dont fight PA with PA. Jeesh.
*eye roll/ tongue click*

4:02 PM  
Blogger lordwiggly said...

Poor Beryl my PA now has to wear an eye-patch for a week. Wish I'd read the fine-print below your post before I eye-gouged her.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home