Neko

Thursday, September 06, 2007

...things I would much rather be doing today.


Yesterday was a looooooooong day. I got home from work at 10:30pm. I had a shower, watched the tail end of Oprah, and passed out. So, this morning I'm a little exhausted. Funny, for years while I was studying full-time and working 6 shifts a week (at one point I had 3 jobs- how did I do that?), getting by on four hours sleep a night and a half-hour nap in the afternoon didn't really tire me out that much. I guess you get used to a certain level of activity*. Of course, my darling bossness of loveliness and sweet sweet jubilation has graced me with some of her customary graciousness**, which has added to my general level of sighing.

I need a vacation. I have put in for leave in October, but that's over a month away. Luckily next week we have two-and-a-half days off for Rosh Hashana****, which means a looong weekend. What do you think the chances of it being beach weather are? because I could so do with a few days on the beach, reading books and magazines (not library books though, I've learned my lesson)... Really though, what I'd like is a tropical island...somewhere in the Bahamas. Or Jamaica. Jamaica looks good. They've got all that jerk chicken. Which sounds spicy. And sand, I'm sure they have lots of sand... and cocktails.

In general though, I don't think I need a whole fancy-schmancy holiday. Just a break from the routine. I'd like to hit a midweek, midday movie. Haven't done that in a while. What I love about that is that there are no teenagers, usually. And I'd like to go buy some fabric, and make a skirt, or something. I used to do that after Uni some days, just go to TCT or Fabric City or wherever and get a meter of something cool, and make a skirt, or a dress, or an experiment. I very rarely finished these projects, but it soothed me, and those I did complete are still in my wardrobe. So. You see.

There are all these things I could be doing with a slightly-chilly, sunny spring day. Working sucks. Anyone want to support me while I live a life of leisure....?

*current level: not-quite-sedentary; chaise-based root vegetable.
** she acted as if I slept with her husband*** and she knows but she thinks I don't and she's being all passive-aggressive and snotty.
*** I didn't. Eeeeeeew!
**** Jewish New Year, not as cool as Chinese New Year (no fireworks or Dragons unless you count the one I work for), but leave is leave. Especially paid leave.

2 Comments:

Blogger SheBee said...

I would support you, only if you promised to fedex coconut coctails with those tiny little umbrellas stuck in pineapples...

Mmmmmmmm. Beach weather, I'm sure I remember seeing that once...

Screw your boss, she sounds like a class A Biatch.

2:57 PM  
Blogger lordwiggly said...

A life of leisure means a lady of pleasure! //Wiggly sticks his hand in the air in a grade 2 "pick me pick me" maneuvre//

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home