Neko

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Can Somebody Please Explain....


1) ...why; when everybody hates that badly- designed, superannoying and completely- unrelated- to- the- product Meerkat; Vodacom has come up with yet another lame and tacky advert for summer, involving Bob Sinclair, a yacht, and pop-culture references from the 1990's*. Who exactly is the target market here? I literally haven't met anyone yet in the last year I've been home that not only doesn't enjoy them but has homicidal urges towards that pointy bloody rodent. The advert where the meerkat gets eaten by a giant ninja cellphone and blood spurts out Kill Bill- style: that's the one I want to see.

2) ...what is up with facial- cleansing wipes? All of them seem to be available only in packs of 25. Considering that they tend to be a one- a- day sort of item (unless you often need to clean makeup off twice a day- in which case this is a moot issue for you), surely most women would prefer to only have to buy them once a month? To me, a pack of 30 would be more logical...or even 35, you know, so you have a couple of spare for facial emergencies. I'd really rather pay slightly more for the convenience of only having to schlep to Clicks once a month instead of every three weeks which throws my schedule off no end!

3) ...why mosquitos exist? Seriously, what role do they play in the natural order? Spider food? Does their tiny poopage fertilise fields, or somesuch? As far as I can see they have only one purpose: providing existential angst at 2am. Waiting for the axe to fall, and listening for that dive-bomb buzz; that high-pitched siren of misery to come; I start to question my very existence. Personally, I think the mosquito whine is overkill: they'd probably be more efficient killers if they came in for a silent approach. But then, they'd miss out on all that juicy schadenfreude.

4) ... what, exactly, would be so bad about drinking the occasional beer at work? I'm not talking about getting blitzed- rolling around the office with a lampshade on my head and giggling like a three-year-old in a sailor suit- just a nice beer after lunch to celebrate a fine half-day's work, and to help oneself over the 3pm hump**. Considering I have no fresh air or daylight or space in here, I kind of feel I deserve it.

poll-winner post coming Friday, look out for it! Then, buy me toys and figurines!

*Titanic is over, advertising people... let it go.
** 2.59: brain working... 3.oo brain shuts DOWN!***
***mom, I will gladly eat a low GI diet if you buy me the food ;P

9 Comments:

Blogger K.M. said...

Re: number 3...something I've also wondered about

http://judgingx.blogspot.com/2006/07/judgingmosquitos.html

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol how did you know I would start on about the low GI diet. It is cheap as chips! so don't start about being unable to afford it. As for the facial wipes - that's just what I was thinking as I took the last one out of the pack 2 days before payday and ......the f@*^*rs

1:26 PM  
Blogger ChewTheCud said...

1) The "
I fucking hate the animated meerkat from Vodacom" group on facebook has 18000 members. Join now!

2) Maybe you're not supposed to wipe your face on weekends??? Buy 6 packs, then you only gotta go in once every 5 months ;)

3)Mosquitoes are genetically modified flies, engineered by the anti mosquito pad companies.

4) Go to a pub. Pub lunch and beer. Everybody does it ;)

2:01 PM  
Blogger SheBee said...

I hate face wipes. They make my skin all oily like. Sick.

10:08 AM  
Blogger fuzzy logic said...

Move to the UK:
1) You won't see any Vodacom crap. But you do get to see Bev/Kev insurance ads (you don't want to know).

2)I can't help you with that. I think they come in 20s here

3)All killed off with DDT in the 70s

4)See Chews' comment. It's de rigeur here. Alternatively, keep a crate of beers under your desk, claiming it's a 'foot rest'.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I change the channel the moment that stupid meerkat appears. I see he now has a girlfriend too. What's wrong with these people?

3:44 PM  
Blogger lordwiggly said...

"giggling like a three-year-old in a sailor suit"

My sack, I nearly wet my nappy!

4:09 PM  
Blogger lordwiggly said...

P.S. Been looking forward to that Poll Post for friggen AGES now!

Oh, and is charmskool your mum?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Betenoir said...

wiggly: it'll be up by end of day tomorrow. and yeah, she's my mum.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home