Neko

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Eek! Eek! Eek!


It's getting worse. I can feel them, watching me from the shadows as I pass, from the foliage of the trees, from the undergrowth. I can hear them, as surreptitious as they may try to be, their furtive rustlings and the hissing of their breath. They taunt me, chattering and giggling, an endless stream of crazytalk. Jumping out from behind trees, following me as I make my way home; roving gangs of them leaping around, stoned on whatever it is that makes them this way. I can see it in their dark, beady, soulless little eyes, the hunted, haunted glare that screams out: BUGGRIT! Fnoo feet kill feet Jasper Icecreams fnoo!*Dirty, diseased a scourge on the city, they prey on our sympathies and our pity. But underneath it all, they hate us, and await their moment to exact their revenge.

man, those squirrels freak me out.

*I know, it makes no sense to me either, but there you have it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger anonamouse said...

Bete: Your 18" monsters are at least hiding in the shrubbery, in public streets.
My critters live in my roof, squeaking madly as they exercise for the Rat Olympics in 2008. Said exercise sessions always scheduled for 2:15 in the morning.
You are not alone!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all true. Just ask someone who knows.

12:46 PM  
Blogger The xGW said...

dude(ette). i. so. touched. one. yesterday. but it was at forries so it was probably trashed and not so harmful.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Dan Lurie said...

or you were trashed and the sqwill is now blogging about you (stranger things have happened at forries..)

:)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home