Neko

Monday, March 19, 2007

Friends in far-away places.


I have a lot of friends all over the world. Now, that may sound all; glamorous and jet-settery, but. really, it's annoying. and kinda sad. I mean, every time I have great time, I think:"Man I wish Bob/ Peter/ Mary/ Squishy McGee* were here. That would be awesome". And on the days I'm sitting home all sad and lonely and bored and feeling friendless and pathetic, it's cold comfort to remind myself that I'm actually very popular... overseas.

I also spend a lot of time on gmail chat and skype, and emailing people. I'm intrinsically lazy, so that's less fun thatn it should be, especially as everybody gets all pissy if I send out group mails.something about not being special and wanting individual attention yadda yadda. Facebook is cool that way because I can send the occasional poke people's way, and it sort of amounts to meaningful human contact. In a a way. If you squint.

I guess, then that it follows logically that I should start to form bonds with people whose blogs I read and comment on (and vice versa). There is now a little blogging community that communicates almost solely through each other's blogs, which is sort of like having pen pals, I guess. Pen pals that swear a lot. and are sometimes inappropriate. So just like when I was 13, then?

I do miss the actual flesh-and-blood people though. Especially Squishy. He was always good for a laugh.

* not their actual names. it would take too long to type all their names and If I left any out there would be hurt feelings and sulking, for sure.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dan Lurie said...

Soon you're gonna need a Facebook condom, with all that poking going on*

Look what happened to good ol' Squishy..

(*i just can't resist that joke)

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows this for sad: every time i visit Trashd I feed your hamster strawberries. Yes, plural, he never gets only one. Every time. Hows that for a virtual world of happy little bloggy peeps?

12:01 PM  
Blogger Betenoir said...

oh, I feed the hamster every time too. He's just so... appreciative.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't feed him does he die? And stuff.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Betenoir said...

hmmm, no he doesn't die, but he does get all sulky and a bit farty, too...

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds a bit like Domo-kun. The hamster, I mean. The Squishster would be mortified if I thought that about him.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Betenoir said...

oh, I love Domo-kun so. My friend Nancy had a Domo-themed baby-shower, and a Domo-themed nursery..it's so sad that he's been discontinued as the NHK mascot....

2:51 PM  
Blogger Dan Lurie said...

I see you have newzbubbles! cool

I'm still not exactly sure what they're for, or if people even click them... but they look cool :)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home