Neko

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

gnah. gnf. blep.


Fah, but my brain is deaded. it's somewhat amazing how a relatively simple but mind-numbing task can rob you of your cognitive power. Also the ability to walk, talk, or breathe through the nose. The key is to find something repetitive and boring, requiring just enough coordination/ skill to make it annoying. Then do it for an entire workday, or two, or (it looks like it's gonna be) three. Add a soupcon of interruptions, other tasks that need to be handled urgently, and a phone that rings constantly. Then bake in a windowless office, until nicely zombified.

I will not be able to make witty conversation tonight, I can just feel it. I hate going out all unwittified. I might as well not wear makeup. Or deodorant. Or pants. I don't feel I am being too arrogant when I claim that I am the Oscar Wilde of my Generation... Okay, Not quite, but certainly the...someone... of... fuckit, I am unable to maintain this post. Here I am trying to be funny and I just cannot pull it off. This is vaguely pathetic. And yet I cannot stop. Oh, and it seems I have lost the ability to speak in contractions.

Help. me.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan Lurie said...

I suppose windowless has it's advantages. You can't see the lovely day you're missing out on whilst going out of your mind.

Why, oh why, is tomorrow not friday!!!?!?!?

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely not too arrogant. Just the right amount, in my view. As the Oscar Wilde of my generation, I feel that I am qualified to make this observation.
Oh incidentally, I also know from experience that if you go out sans pants, you don't really have to worry about being wittified.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...as the bona fide Oscar Wilde of my generation I would say that as long as you have a good handbag you can definitelly get away with not wearing pants. Shame about the window though, the day is quite wonderful.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home