Neko

Monday, April 02, 2007

Antisocial.


Yesterday was a new record for me. Or perhaps a new low. I started off my morning watching an episode of Heroes. And then I couldn't stop. For fourteen hours. In the end, I had a migraine and was getting a little bit crazy, so I was forced to go for a walk to clear my head.

Actually, that was a description of a pretty cool day.

I think, being an only child, I grew too comfortable with my own company. Armed with a vivid imagination, a safe neighbourhood and having read every one of the Famous Five books, I pretty much lived inside my own head. And it was a pretty cool place to be. Anyway, as an adult, sometimes I just don't want or need to be with other people. People, are for the most part annoying. They have emotional needs that must be navigated. They want to talk about things I'm not interested in. I'm not talking about my friends and loved ones, really: it's new people strangers and acquaintances that are the problem. And they are all over the place. I meet them all the time. And sometimes I'd rather just stay home with a good book*, or some DVD's.

It's a good thing I don't have Katamari Damacy** anymore or I'd never leave the house.

I guess I'm just having one of those phases where I'm all hermity and Garboesque. and Garboesque is never a bad thing to be.

* My Ideal Sunday morning: wake up, have sex with significant other, read awesome book for a few hours, nap, wake up, eat waffles.
** Does anyone have a PS2 and a copy of
Katamari Damacy to lend me?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that right there is a perfect sunday morning. couldn't get more perfect than that.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Dan Lurie said...

i disagree. there should be another sex before the waffles. then it would be ideal ;)

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ideal Sunday: Contract an incurable and swift-acting disease. Die.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Betenoir said...

yeah, but you can only do that so many times before it becomes boring. Frankly, I'd rather just drink less the night before.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, Heroes...

have you managed to get to the "curse of episode 19" yet?

--Antonymous

1:24 PM  
Blogger Betenoir said...

eh? No, I only had up until epi 17. my Source is apparently not that goo. curse of episode 19? sounds...intriguing.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a total of about 13 (real/half/step) brothers and sisters and I still don`t like people. I love them... but I don`t.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home