Neko

Friday, June 15, 2007

I'ma Slap A Beyatch.


My boss (well, one of them), tends to get supercritical when she's tense. This means that if I've missed a detail or left out even the most infinitesimal of things (one of the participants didn't have pen!! How did you manage to MISS that!!!??), I get bitched at in the most condescending manner possible. All my faults-real or imagined- are brought up. Past infractions have included:

  • not serving tea in the correct silver service manner
  • not regulating the airconditioning temperature carefully enough
  • the photocopier producing copies that are too light
  • not taking enough photos, taking too many photos, taking photos in the wrong area of the exhibition, being too obtrusive while taking photographs, using flash.

The problem is I keep learning from experience, and not making the same mistake twice. Ferinstance, after the great "there were no evaluation forms" debacle of last week*, I made sure to copy double the amount of forms, put them right in front of her, clear a space around so that they are easy to see, and then tell her them about them, twice.

Which means that she has not so much to critique. Win-win, you'd say, right? Nah so much. This morning, she came in, handed me a letter it took her 4 weeks to type, sighed, and started complaining about how untidy my office was, and how it offended her. She was adamant: Surely I had enough time to maintain a decent level of tidiness?

Short answer, uh, no. Also: it's my office, not hers. Her office is large and has cupboards and a window and is nice. Mine is a cupboard, where everything is stored. There is even a kitchen sink, rusting noisily in the corner. our offices are far, far away from each other. 7 Cubits at least. She spends an average of 8 minutes in my office a week. How do my piles of paper become her issue?

I'm totally going to make her look fat in all the photos I take from now on.

* there were, and they were right in front of her, but whatev
**MCBeeeeyaaaaaatch!


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The xGW said...

...then have a little fun with the fish-eye lens in photoshop.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon it's low self-esteem that makes her so uptight. Nothing a good, hearty colonic irrigation or five won't cure.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an office! I am skoon jaloers. I have a skinny little piece of laminate with a stick holding it up, two broken drawers, 8 buckets to catch the water from the leaking ceiling (including one bucket on my desk for the dangerous water whilst using electricity leak)AND a beyatch for a div. director and the only upside is she is fat...but I am gorgeously small (people pat me on the head and say stuff like "you're so cute and teeny")and not fat and so that only makes her more beyatch-like AND she says I have no commitment to the job because I won't work sundays... so it strikes me that my boss could use a good snotklap - as could yours.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home