Neko

Monday, April 10, 2006

"you know it's hard out here fo' a ninja"


Things are hotting up in musical-land. This past weekend we had our final rehearsal before Dress. Things went better than I expected, although there's still a lot of work to be done. However, we won't be putting out the 5-hour version that seemed such a possibility before. If everybody learns their lines before the Dress, we should be fine.

I was disappointed in myself though. I'd spent the last few weeks drilling the lines into my head and worrying about my attitude and emoting and projection and "actingess", all the while neglecting my dancing and singing, because, you know, I knew those already. I guess the next two weeks are going to be a little hectic, what with baby showers and singing and dancing and getting those lines 100% perfect... And then after Dress is the Golden week Road trip, then performances start: all inspiring that vague buring sensation in my stomach that could not possibly be described as "butterflies", unless these are the Viet Cong Butterflies, them of their Napalm and razor wire.

In any case, I am exhausted, what with the rehearsal, full run-through, workshop and Ninja activity (it's harder than it looks and now my knee is all bruised). I think at some point I might just need to sleep late, or possibly for the whole day... I kinda miss having no social life and being able to sleep the entire weekend... And, you know, to have the energy to clean my apartment.

Classes also start this week, which I am looking forward to, but also not. New students, new courses a fresh perspective, all of which equals "yay"dom. But self-introductions? Getting a bit tired of those... Yeah, I know, strange to be tired of talking about myself, eh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww chica, you're so wrong - you were totally freaking wonderful this weekend. WONDERFUL...loved the characterisation, your singing's spot on and you're basically a goddess. AND your HDR looks freaking fantastic. AND your couch shot...well, Miss, it's done and done (THANK YOU).
Hey...guess who's a pet mum as of this coming Monday...Yosh!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home