Neko

Monday, July 11, 2005

stupidstupidstupid.

so. how dumb is this: I accidentally went home for lunch an hour early. Yup. You got it. I accidentally bunked. How lame is that? Anyway, I debated whether or not to stay out for lunch as well, but I figured if they'd noticed I was gone, I'd be SCREWED. So I came back. And now I'm here, trying to look inconspicuous because I'm never actually here for lunch. Damn.
Anyway, my new book (Fruits by Shoichi Aoki) arrived and its really rather cool: the dispossessed yoof of Tokyo all gathered together in parks and in front of Lawsonses (Lawsons'? Lawsons's? How the hell do you pluralise it anyway???), trying to look tough/ cool/hardcore while dressed in babydoll outfits, brightly coloured hair and rainbow brights with platform shoes and braids and.... Let me put it this way, none of these kids has ever worried about overkill.
in other news... Looks like a decent comedy movie might actually make it out of that fabulous country of mine... It's by the Crazy Monkey guys... I don't know how much MTV you have ever watched*, but they do these spots that rip off jackass. The movie is called, apparently, "straight outta Benoni". Benoni, if you recall, is where Charlize is from, and is a mine-dump smallholding white-trash hell with no redeeming factors (small wonder charlz vacated the premises as soon as she could).
anyway, there's a Cape Times article about the movie here-->
and the movie's official site is here-->

*well, it was shown on all MTV channels except in the USA. The Monkeys assert it was because "America lacks irony". They add that Johnny Knoxville referred to it as "the Gay Jackass". No Comment here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home